We leave early in the morning bound for the Península Valdés Provincial Reserve. After an hour of travel we arrive at Puerto Pirámides, where we embark (optional) for the sighting of the Southern Right Whale.
The next stop is Estancia San Lorenzo, a traditional livestock establishment in the area where we can savor a typical Patagonian lamb on the grill (lunch not included). After lunch we will visit an amazing breeding colony of Magellanic penguins that houses approximately 500,000 specimens and is located 7 km from the ranch house.
Next we visit the provincial reserve of Punta Norte where, depending on the season, you can see elephant seals or fur seals and it is a fantastic point to see orcas, if we are lucky. From there we will return and make a stop at the Interpretation Center located on the Carlos Ameghino Isthmus.
Throughout the excursion we will have the opportunity to see an important diversity of wildlife such as rheas, martinetas, guanacos, foxes, maras and armadillos.
- Post El Desempeño (entrance to the reserve).
- Puerto Pirámides (Optional Whale Watching or Marine Fauna Watching according to the time of year).
- Estancia San Lorenzo
- North Point
- On the internal roads of the reserve, specimens of terrestrial fauna such as Guanacos, Choiques, Maras, Gray Foxes, Skunks, etc., and a great variety of birds can be seen.
Season: September to April.
Duration: Full Day
Closing hour: 7:00 a.m. 07:30 a.m. approx.
Arrival schedule: 6:00 p.m. approx.
Minimum of passengers: 3 people
does not include:
- Entrance to the reserve
- Entrance to the Estancia S.Lorenzo, consulate with our advisers
- Personal expenses.
- The passengers are searched where they are staying.
- Guides: Spanish/English. (Ask for other languages)
Optional: (Subject to weather conditions)
Suggested Equipment: Comfortable shoes, warm clothing, photography equipment, sunscreen and a hat.